|Established in 1974, the Confederation of International Contractors' Associations (CICA) represents the Construction Industry at the world level. The Worldwide Construction Industry, involving contractors of all sizes, represents a global turnover of US$ 4.8 trillion and employs around 110 million employees.
In 2010, CICA gathers 4 Regional Federations in the world, representing 63 countries:
Middle Eastern Federation:
Contacts are currently established with the new African Federation to become a CICA Member and CICA maintains close relationships with Asian Organizations.
As a non-profit, voluntary and global association of trade associations representing member construction companies from their respective regions:
1. CICA represents and speaks for the construction industry on technical, legal and political matters of international concern and provides a forum for fellowship, cooperation and interaction with member federations and linked institutions.
2. CICA is also acting as a CLUB for Contractors of any size and as a lobby at international level interacting with worldwide Public Organizations.
3. CICA encourages the exchange of experiences, information and technical knowledge.
CICA promotes investment in engineering and building that enhances both our environment and the quality of life for all.
4. CICA promotes the global construction industry, by stressing notably its fundamental impact on the economy at local, regional and global levels.
mitigating energy issues, fighting poverty, improving health and well being of citizens while providing significant inputs on quality of life, health and climate consequences.
|5. CICA and its Member Federations, along with their National Federations and their Companies, are able to assist Governments, International Financial Institutions (especially Multilateral Development Banks) and other International Organizations in order to:
- contribute to the elaboration and implementation of their infrastructure projects or action plans;
- collaborate actively in the definition and implementation of the required policies (notably in procurement, infrastructure, anticorruption and integrity)
CICA regularly holds high level meetings with governments and international organizations such as the World Bank and other Multilateral Development Banks, the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the United Nations (UN), the World Trade Organization (WTO), the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), etc.
CICA is also interacting closely with industry & professional associations, specialized institutions and Non Governmental Organizations.
CICA Liaison Officers have been nominated in order to maintain active contacts with these various stakeholders.
Main issues addressed by CICA are the following :
CICA board meeting
A status of "Friends of CICA" was recently set up for Companies. the Friends of CICA have a number of significant advantages. They will be able to attend CICA Council Meetings and will be encouraged to participate in specific CICA contacts with leading representatives (Presidents/DGs) of International Financial Institutions, the United Nation, special government agencies, etc...